eNews For The Week of May 2, 2021
The Fifth Sunday of Easter
There will be in-person worship on Sunday, May 2nd, at 10:00am EDT in the Nave. We hope you’ll be able to join us in-person starting this week.
For those who continue to be unable to attend in-person there will be live-streamed online worship on Zoom at 10:00am EDT. That’s right, ‘God willing and the crick don’t rise,’ live-streaming via Zoom begins this week. This will continue to be via Zoom as before. The only difference is now you’ll be seeing all your fellow parishioners who are here in-person.
Details about how to attend in-person or online will continue to be posted weekly.
Regathering Guidelines for In-Person Worship
Following are the highlights of what we all need to know for the foreseeable future:
- Everyone must wear a mask (which cover mouth and nose) at all times.
- No bandanas, “vented” masks or neck gaiters will be permitted.
- If you forget your mask one will be provided to you.
- A minimum of six feet (6’) of physical distance between individuals (not of the same household) must be maintained at all times while on church property and inside the building.
- Ushers will provide instruction and guidance. Please follow their instruction and guidance with grace and good humor.
- Entry and exit from the church will be through the doors on Main Street. No entry through the 115 Jefferson Street doors at this time please.
- The one exception is for individuals who must use the elevator to access the Main Church floor (the 3rd floor).
- Attendance will be taken so that contact tracing can take place if the need arises.
- Each household will be seated by an usher. Please be aware that it may not be possible for us to sit in our preferred pews at this time.
Voice Line Project
“In partnership with Averett University’s Center for Community Engagement and Haven of the Dan River Region” the Episcopal Churches of Pittslyvania County joined with a number of other community partners to participate in the Voice Line Project Display during the month of April 2021.
Members of the participating organizations decorated T-Shirts to honor and give voice to survivors, to act as a memorial for victims, and to serve as visual aids in the healing process for those who have been affected.
Epiphany, Danville; Christ Church, Danville; Emmanuel, Chatham; and Trinity, Gretna all participated in this project.
If you need to come to the office please call ahead to be sure someone will be able to assist you. We are a small staff and frequently elsewhere in the building so it’s helpful to know when you’re coming.
Changes to Zoom worship “credentials” continue this week
In order to continue to do what we can to ensure that our Sunday morning worship on Zoom is not interfered with please remember the following:
- A password is now required to join Zoom worship instead of the “waiting room” feature.
- Each week there will be a new Meeting ID number & password.
- The weekly meeting credentials (ID# & password) will only be available via the MailChimp eNews email distribution and/or the bulletin.
- If you have been “logging on” by clicking the link in the eNews email you may not notice these changes.
- If you have been manually entering the details on your device or calling in on the phone you will need to adapt to these new weekly changes.
- Tuesday 5/4: 5:00pm Disciple’s Dinner
- Tuesday 5/4: 7:00pm Centering Prayer with Drue via Zoom
- Thursday 5/6: 12:00pm Disciple’s Lunch
- Sunday 5/9: 10:00am Holy Eucharist In-Person and via Zoom
Watch over your servant Millie O Lord as her days increase; bless and guide her wherever she may be. Strengthen her when she stands; comfort her when discouraged or sorrowful; raise her up if she falls; and in her heart may your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of her live, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Anniversaries this week: None
Gracious God, we lift up your servants (Name) And (Name). to in thanks for your love. Guide them as they grow and surround them with your grace, that they may walk close to you and to each other always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Parish Prayer List:
We are in the process of rebuilding the parish prayer list and we need your help. If you would like the name of a loved one placed on the parish prayer list and listed each week in the eNews please reply directly to this email. You may also call or text Fr. Jon at (434) 710-1933.
This week we pray for:
Geneva Myers, Marie McKenzie, Pei-Yi Ho & Epiphany (H1B Visa); Jesse Riley; Todd Miller and Sarah (and baby Nolan) Reed.