eNews For The Week of June 27, 2021
At 10:00am EDT in the Nave, there will be In-Person Holy Eucharist on Sunday, June 27th.
Lay Ministry Opportunities
For any congregation to function well it needs the active participation (aka ministry) of lots of the folks who consider themselves to be members of the church. In this regard, as we come out of the pandemic, Epiphany needs your help to become the parish that you say you want it to be.
At this time we are focusing our efforts on four key lay ministries: a new Newcomers Team, rebuilding the Usher/Greeter Team and rebuilding the Lay Reader Team. Each of these ministry areas is critical to building and maintaining a healthy parish.*
A link to the online sign-up sheet is here: Newcomer Team
Epiphany, like any church, needs a steady stream of new members to survive and thrive and this team will be critical to helping newcomers find their way into the Epiphany family. The Newcomers Team members will be “on duty” in pairs each Sunday to provide an extra warm welcome to visitors. They will then follow-up with visitors to invite them to visit again and to be a point of contact and a familiar face when they do.
A link to the online sign-up sheet is here: Usher / Greeter Team
Usher/Greeters will serve in pairs each Sunday and will do what ushers have always done - greet people as they arrive, hand out bulletins, count heads, pass the plates, and generally be available to assist.
Lay Reader Team:
A link to the online sign-up sheet is here: Lay Reader Team
Lay Readers read the first and second lessons from the Lectern. You may vest, process and sit in the Chancel or simply come up from your pew in the Nave. Lay reading is both an art and a skill that can be developed.
* There will be training for each of these lay ministries that will be fun, informative and ongoing.
For this Sunday, the following guidelines are operative:
- If you are fully vaccinated you may attend without wearing a mask.
- At this time vaccination status will be on the honor system. But if you have not yet been fully vaccinated please wear a mask to help ensure the health and safety of others who, while fully vaccinated and masked, may still be especially vulnerable.
- Singing is now permitted. Those who are fully vaccinated may sing without a mask.
* Please know that changes may need to be made ‘on the fly’ on any given Sunday morning. So please be patient, flexible and of good cheer as we all venture back toward a new post-pandemic normal.
2021 Pledge Envelopes: Pledge envelopes continue to be available for pick up in the Narthex on Sunday mornings.
Giving Made Easy
We are now accepting donations and pledge payments via the online platform Tithe.ly, click the Give button below to pay your pledge or make a donation.
- Tuesday 6/29: 5:00pm Disciple’s Dinner.
- Tuesday 6/29: NO Centering Prayer with Drue this week.
- Thursday 7/1: 12:00pm Disciple’s Lunch.
- Sunday 7/4: 10:00am Holy Eucharist In-Person and via Zoom.
Watch over your servant Monifa O Lord as their days increase; bless and guide them wherever they may be. Strengthen them when they stand; comfort them when discouraged or sorrowful; raise them up if they fall; and in their heart may your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of their live, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Anniversaries this week: None
Gracious God, we lift up your servants (N. & N.) to you in thanks for your love. Guide them as they grow and surround them with your grace, that they may walk close to you and to each other always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Parish Prayer List:
We are in the process of rebuilding the parish prayer list and we need your help. If you would like the name of a loved one placed on the parish prayer list and listed each week in the eNews please reply directly to this email. You may also call or text Fr. Jon at (434) 710-1933.
This week we pray for:
Drue Anderson, Geneva Myers, Marie McKenzie, Pei-Yi Ho & Epiphany (H1B Visa), Jesse Riley, Todd Miller and baby Nolan Reed.