eNews For The Week of January 10, 2021
Changes to Zoom worship “credentials” continue this week:
In order to continue to do what we can to ensure that our Sunday morning worship on Zoom is not interfered with please remember the following:
- A password is now required to join Zoom worship instead of the “waiting room” feature.
- Each week there will be a new Meeting ID number & password.
- The weekly meeting credentials (ID# & password) will only be available via the MailChimp eNews email distribution and/or the bulletin.
- If you have been “logging on” by clicking the link in the eNews email you may not notice these changes.
- If you have been manually entering the details on your device or calling in on the phone you will need to adapt to these new weekly changes.
Continued response to the recent surge in the COVID-19 positivity rate in our area:
Upon the strong advice of the Diocese, the Epiphany office, like many others in the Diocese, is closed. At this time a decision has not been made about whether or not to extend the closure beyond the original date, which was January 24th. In next week's eNews there will be an announcement about whether or not the closure has been extended. Extensions of the closure will be made in one week increments.
Jennifer Hooper and Fr. Jon will continue to work from home.
Pei-Yi, Kylie and Pat will continue to be on-site as needed with extra safety measures in place because their work can not be done remotely. They are also able to be in totally separate parts of the building and/or not at the same time. Pat will be cleaning only on Saturdays for now.
A plan to continue the Disciples Meals program with extra health/safety measures has been developed and is now in place. The Bishop has urged congregations with meal programs todo this.
For now Pei-Yi, Jennifer Hooper and I will record our Sunday online service on-site one day a week while taking extra precautions. This is so we can continue to offer a Holy Communion Service* with music.
The details for those that want to know:
- The positivity rate in the Pittsylvania-Danville health district continues to be extremely high.
- Please call or text Fr. Jon (434-710-1933) if you need more world communion cups so you can participate in Holy Communion on Sundays.
- Jennifer and Fr. Jon each have their office computers at home, are working a more than full schedule and are available by phone. We are working on getting Jennifer a church cell number for this purpose.
- Office Phones: The current voice over internet office phone system (which is more than 10 years old) cannot be forwarded and it is difficult to check voicemails remotely. So until further notice please call Fr. Jon directly on his mobile number (434-710-1933) and leave a detailedmessage. His iPhone does have the ability to forward voicemails to others. He will forward messages for Kylie and Jennifer and anyone else to them.
- For now Fr. Jon will stop by the building every couple of days to collect/distribute the mail and check on the building.
- As a reminder the Bishop’s COVID-19 Advisory Panel stated months ago that at an 8% positivity rate it’s a good idea not to gather for in-person worship. At 10% or above congregations are not permitted to gather for in-person worship at all. When the prohibition against in-person worship went into effect on December 8th that announcement also said all indoor activity was suspended until further notice, which seemed plain enough. However, the next day on a Diocesan clergy Zoom call there seemed to be some confusion about whether or not this applied to on-site office work. That confusion has been clarified.
- Tuesday 1/19: 5:00pm Disciple’s Dinner
- Tuesday 1/19: 7:00pm Contemplative Prayer with Drue via Zoom
- Thursday 1/21: 12:00pm Disciple’s Lunch
- Sunday 1/24: 10:00am Holy Eucharist via Zoom
Watch over your servant(s) (Name) O Lord as their days increase; bless and guide them wherever they may be. Strengthen them when they stand; comfort them when discouraged or sorrowful; raise them up if they fall; and in their hearts may your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of their lives, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Anniversaries this week: None
Gracious God, we lift up your servants (Name) And (Name). to in thanks for your love. Guide them as they grow and surround them with your grace, that they may walk close to you and to each other always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.