At Holy Communion please come forward to the Altar rail where you many stand or kneel as you are able.
- If you wish to receive the host only or a World Communion Cup (WCC) you may come to either side. If you prefer a WCC please let Fr. Jon know.
- If you wish to receive the host and sip directly from the Chalice please come to the Lecturn side (the left as you approach). Please know there can be no Intinction (dipping of the host) on this side.
- If you prefer to receive by Intinction please come to the Pulpit side (the right as you approach). The Eucharistic Minister will take the host from you, Intinct it and give it back to you.
- If you want a blessing only or anointing you may come to either side and cross your arms at the chest.
Fr. Jon Away
Fr. Jon is away Monday, April 18th - Thursday, April 21st of Easter week as he accompanies Drue to her next set of appointments at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
This Week At Epiphany
- Monday 4/18: Church Office is CLOSED
- Tuesday 4/19: 5:00pm Disciple’s Dinner.
- Thursday 4/21: 12:00pm Disciple’s Lunch.
- Sunday April 4/24: 10:00am Holy Eucharist In-Person and via Zoom.
Your Help Needed!!!
As we return to in-person worship we need people to sign up to serve as Usher/Greeters and Coffee Hour hosts. We ask that everyone please take the survey in this weeks eNews so that we can build a scheduling/sign-up system using our database.
We are trying to find three or four more folks to help get Elise Smith to and from church each week. The idea is that each driver would take one Sunday per month. If you can help please call or text Laura Sadler at 434-770-8367 or email her at
Free At-Home COVID Tests
The Danville Health Department has at-home COVID test kits available for free. The Health Department is located at 326 Taylor Drive, operating hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:45 pm. If you would like to call ahead or to get more information, please call them at 434-766-9828.
New Parish Directory Now Available
As mentioned at the Annual Meeting, a new parish directory is now ready. If you are in the directory you can have a directory. Please email the church office at to get your copy.
The directory is available in print or .pdf, please specify which you prefer. Yes, you can have both. For those without email, phone calls work too.
Your print bulletin with be available in the Narthex with your name printed on the front cover.
Breeze Database Reminder
As previously announced, we are beginning to expand the use of the church database. As we do some of you will begin to receive automated email reminders about various ministries for which you have signed up. Please bear with us as we fine tune this module of the database. If you have questions please contact Fr. Jon or Jennifer Hooper.
Altar Flower Information for 2022
This year we have begun using the Breeze database to help organize and manage the Altar Flower sponsorship schedule. If you have signed up to sponsor the Altar flowers for a given Sunday you will receive three emails: the first three weeks before your Sunday; the second two weeks before your Sunday; and the third and final email one week before your Sunday.
Signing up for a Sunday will continue to be through Nan Freed as it has been for many years (Thank you Nan!). Please call her at (434) 792-6261 if:
- You would like to sponsor an ‘open Sunday’ on the 2022 calendar below.
- You would like a date on the calendar in 2023.
- You would like an alternative date or are no longer able to sponsor the flowers on a date for which you are listed below.
Birthdays this week: Jack Thomson (20th).
Watch over your servant Jack O Lord as their days increase; bless and guide them wherever they may be. Strengthen them when they stand; comfort them when discouraged or sorrowful; raise them up if they fall; and in their heart may your peace which passes understanding abide all the days of their live, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Anniversaries this week: None
Gracious God, we lift up your servants (N. and N.) to you in thanks for your love. Guide them as they grow and surround them with your grace, that they may walk close to you and to each other always; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Parish Prayer List: Please complete the form in the weekly e-News by clicking the link ”Submit A Prayer Request”. Once you complete the form you will receive an email confirmation of your entry and Fr. Jon will be notified via email. If you do not have access to do this online, as always you may call or text Fr. Jon at (434) 710-1933.
This week we pray for: the repose of the soul of Frank Mallory Jordan. May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
This week we pray for: Deb Miller, Robert Haraway, Alwyn Jones, Marilyn Gunter, Dean Cumbo, Dawn Deshazor, Todd & Kim Kidd, Sherry Swift, The Chernoff Family, Jay Hopkins, Larry Foster, Alicia Deshazor & Family, Kevin, Cindy, Justine, Vicki Montgomery, Phil Hasselvander, Drue Anderson, and Trina Payne.